Subject OFF TOPIC!! Re: [IBO] Using Embedded FB with IBO
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:39 AM 25/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I have stopped the FB server service which was running. I also
>deleted the fbclient.dll and gds32.dll from the System32 folder. I
>have renamed fbembed.dll to gds32.dll and is in my application
>directory.
>
>I am still getting the same error. It feels like more needs to be
>done. Could the problem be in the registry?

Yes, in the registry you need a key pointing to the root directory of your
installation. It should be:
HKLM\Software\FirebirdSQLFirebird\CurrentVersion and in there three fields:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
RootDirectory REG_SZ C:\Program Files\Firebird [on my setup]
Version REG_SZ WI-T1.5.0.3473 Firebird 1.5 Release Candidate 3

You should also look at InstallNotes.txt in the $RootDirectory\doc
directory, and go to sourceforge for Dmitry's notes about embedded server:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/firebird/firebird2/doc/README.user.embedded

<grump>
This thread is masquerading as an IBO topic. It isn't an IBO
topic. You're experimenting with Firebird beta software. Go to the
obvious places where beta testers can find readme-type stuff - sourceforge
and the firebird-devel archives - after that, if you still have problems,
you should raise your questions where they belong - in firebird-devel.
</grump>

Here on this list we are interested in ***IBO things*** that don't work the
way you expect, once you've figured out how to connect and communicate with
a database and have tried to run an IBO application.

Thanks.
Helen