Subject Re: [IBO] I need some help....thanks
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:28 PM 23/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I have an application in IBObjects - we utilize one Transaction with
>AutoCommit set to True. When the application executes on a local
>database (Interbase 6) there is everything works fine. When the
>application executes using the server database the application will
>hang up on the table POST command. It appears that it is haning up
>trying to get
>
> function TIB_Statement.GetPdbHandle: pisc_db_handle;
> begin
> if Assigned( IB_Connection ) then
> Result := IB_Connection.PdbHandle
> else
> Result := nil;
> end;
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions. It doesn't make any logical sense.
> Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

The client is failing to connect to the database.
What are your connection object (database or ib-connection) property
settings for:

Server:
Protocol:
User:
Password:
PasswordStorage:
LoginPrompt:

If Protocol is cpTCP_IP, does the client have the server identified in its
Hosts file?
Have you pinged the server from the client to see whether there is actually
communication between the client and the server?

Helen