Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Fw: Keylinks questions
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
At 21:27 20.06.2003 +1000, you wrote:
>a) you don't close ib_cursors. You shouldn't unprepare them if you are
>likely to use them again. What you *should* do is ensure that you don't
>keep any transactions open holding cursors that you've finished working with.
>
>This is starting to turn into a manual! Have you ever thought about
>working your way through the TI sheets on the web site?

Well, I've already used this "manual" to remove a couple of
TIB_Cursor.Close statements in one of my programs. Though it did feel a bit
weird not to close the cursor and just assign another parameter value when
I didn't know whether it had reached the end or not (doing some reading of
the first matching record within a loop without caring about whether there
are more matches or not).

Set