Subject RE: [IBO] BCB 6 build problem with IBO 4.0Ie release - The fixes !
Author Norman Dunbar
Morning Jason,

this is a major problem with almost any BCB package. If the developer has a
certain package loaded into the IDE when he/she built the one I'm trying to
install, then I get linker errors when I do the build. It is always a case
of shut down, edit the bpk file, remove the crud from LIBRARIES and
SPARELIBS, reopen and build. (Repeat as necessary !)

I'm not sure if many BCB devlopers are aware that when they start a project,
they can use the project | options | packages tab to untick any installed
package that they don't actually need for the current project. This makes
the component palette less cluttered and speeds up the project load time.

When developing packages for later distribution, only the barest set of
installed packages is required - to stop others from getting linker errors
if they don't have the same packages on their system. I suspect that
developer who sent you the C6 stuff had indy installed on his system
(separately from the built in indy components in BCB 6 Pro) and had them
ticked in the project.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar