Subject Re: [IBO] Multiple TIB_CtrlGrid causes Design Error
Author Russell Belding
Hello Bob
(below)

""kumasoftllc"" <kumasoftdev@...> wrote in message
news:bb6au3+10p3l@......
> I have a form containing 3 TIB_CtrlGrids.
>
> Each Grid has its DataSource property set to a different datasource,
> and contains various IBO edit, date, memo, and comboboxes.
>
> If I attempt to open this form first (design mode, not runtime) after
> opening the project I will receive the following error:
>
> error creating form: cannot focus a disabled or invisible window
>
> The only way I can open the form with these property settings is to
> make sure I open another form (containing IBO components) prior to
> opening the troublesome form.
>
> As I permanent fix I have discovered that I can only have at most 2
> TIB_CtrlGrids with the DataSource property set. As long as I leave
> the DataSource property on 1 of the TIB_CtrlGrids (any one of the
> three, it doesn't seem to matter) empty then the form will always
> open even if I open it first (before another IBO-bearing form).
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1. Can anyone provide any insight into this problem?

I have had these message.

They have, as best as I remember, related to the use of TurboPower's Orpheus
TOvcNotebook and not caused by IBObjects; but then I am using TIB_Grid not
TIB_CtrlGrid so I may be way off the mark.

If you are also using TOvcNotebook I will try to dig up the problem I had.

Regards

Russell

> 2. As far as I can tell, setting the DataSource on the TIB_CtrlGrid
> is more of a convenience in that it prevents you from having to set
> the DataSource individually on each of the widgets placed in the
> control. There seems to be little other benefit to setting the
> DataSource on the TIB_CtrlGrid itself. Is this correct?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob

> IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase