Subject RE: [IBO] SQLWhere Items ???
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:25 PM 27/04/2003 +1000, you wrote:

> > What versions of
> > a) database
> > b) IBO
> >
> > are you using?
> >
> > Helen
> >

>I cetainly don't get an exception back from the server..
>DB = IB6.02
>IBO = 4.2.Ib

Hmm...well, your SQL has a lot of ambiguities that wouldn't get past
Firebird; and IBO isn't tolerant of ambiguous SQL statements or marginal
syntax...so it would be between "hard" and "impossible" to find an exact
reason why you are getting different outcomes than you expect.

In your case, I'd probably want to start back at the SQL and eliminate the
ambiguities; and work on the SQLWhereItems to clean them up, avoid dubious
stuff like WHERE something in (1), et al. It would be a lot quicker and
more likely to succeed than trying to find exact explanations as to why
your dubious SQL won't work and looking for workarounds to try and make
them work.

Sorry.

Helen