Subject Re: [IBO] Newbie -- Installation Problem
Author stewartwarren
Hi All:

Thanks for the help replys!

I got IBO4 to compile Ok with CBuilder 5 Pro. I have not yet made
the source code changes shown below. The problem was that CBuilder 5
just refused to find the obj and lib files. The missing files were
either in the "inter" folder or the $(BCB)\Lib folder, both of which
were in the search path. To get it to compile, I added the explicit
paths to the libray search list: C:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder5
\Lib\ and C:\ibo4\inter. Now it compiles without linker errors.

Paul: Do I still need to make the source changes?

Thanks again.
Warren

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Paul Vinkenoog <paul@v...> wrote:
> Hi Stewart,
>
> > When CBuilder is compiling IBO40VRT_C5.bpl, it stops with the
>

> I ran into the same problem last summer, also building IBO4 on BCB5.
>
> Here's the solution I worked out:
>

> 1: Close the project group if you have it open. Just close BCB to
> be sure.
>
> 2: Check if there's a subdir "inter" underneath your IBO4 source
> directory. If not, create it manually.
>
> 3: Open IBO40VRT_C5.bpk *in a text editor*.
> Do not use "Edit Option Source" in the IDE or your changes
> may be lost.
>
> 4: Add:
> inter\IBD_Restructure.obj
> ...to the OBJFILES section near the top of the document.
>
> 5: Add:
> IBD_Restructure.dfm
> ...to the RESDEPEN section a bit further down.
>
> 6: Save IBO40VRT_C5.bpk as flat text and close it.
>
> 7: Now open IBO40VRT_C5.cpp - it's OK if you do this in the IDE.
>
> 8: Add the line
>
> USEFORMNS("IBD_Restructure.pas", Ibd_restructure,
dlgRestructure);