Subject Re: [IBO] IBO error
Author Rohit Gupta
mp527 wrote:

> ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
> file is not a valid database
> (get_number_messages_waiting)
> Error occured at 03/13/2003 06:18:09 PM ISC ERROR CODE:335544323
>
> I see this in my server log after a few days.
> Once this error appears the server has to be rebooted because no one
> can connect.
> I am using IBO 4 version H on Delphi 6 SP 2 with the runtime update
> 1.
> The server is a NT service app (win2k sp3) that is the middle tier
> talking to FB 1.02
> After a reboot the server runs fine for a few more days.
> Gfix reports no errors in the .gdb file.
>
> When I disconnect after a request comes in I do disconnecttopool so
> I can reuse the connections.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? It is starting to drive me
> nuts

Hi Mr. mp527,

We get this at some sites. Its more frequent where they run
ActiveDirectory. Its more frequent where they have more users. Its
more frequent where they use PCAnywhere. Thats all we can say at
present. I have been wondering if its just IB/FB doing garbage
collection and making the database unavailable to others... causing
Windows to lose its mapping/sharing - which it is a master at doing. I
am still trying to think of suitable tests to prove/disprove this
theory. The best solution would be to put it on a Linux box. :-)