Subject RE: [IBO] SQL SELECT problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:44 PM 14/03/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>The external single quotes are not passed in, and the first statement:
>
>SELECT * FROM FCDX_ZONES WHERE ADDRESS CONTAINING '01-' ORDER BY ADDRESS
>
>works fine, it is only the additional < FIRST 10 > which seems to break it,
>as in:
>
>SELECT FIRST 10 * FROM FCDX_ZONES WHERE ADDRESS CONTAINING '01-' ORDER BY
>ADDRESS
>
>The release notes show this as a valid syntax, and the rest of the query
>works fine elsewhere.

Phil,
Can I suggest you just simply delete the sql and enter it again?

These statements work just as expected in an ib_cursor:

select first 10 * from topic
where responder containing 'as'
order by responder
(returns the expected 10 rows)

select first 10 * from topic
where responder containing 'as-'
order by responder
(returns an empty set - no matches)

select first 10 * from topic
where ((responder containing 'as') or
(responder containing 'as-'))
order by responder
(returns the expected 10 rows)

You could just have a rogue ` character there...or something...

Helen