Subject RE: [IBO] FBclient.dll
Author Stephen Ebbrell
Thanks Helen,
I was just trying to figure out how to use FBclient.
Plan b works a treat, you are a gem.

Steve...

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: 10 March 2003 21:43
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] FBclient.dll

At 04:18 AM 11/03/2003 +1030, you wrote:
>Jason Wharton wrote:
> >
> > By default IBO looks for GDS32.dll but you can compile your application
> > look for a different DLL if you need to.
>
>Is there a property in IBO that one simply specifies which DLL to look for
>on the client's machine?

No; you can either ---

(a) change it in the source of IB_Constants.pas:

unit
IB_Constants;

interface

var
// This is the name of the InterBase Client DLL (API) that is used.
// Use the unit IB_Session511.pas as the first item in the uses clause
// of your project to change this variable to use an alternate GDS32.DLL
// client library.
IB_GDS32: string = 'fbclient.dll';
or (highly preferred)

(b) you can add your own unit with this code:

unit
IB_SessionFB;

interface

uses
IB_Constants;

implementation

initialization
// Replace the normal value with the alternate client DLL value.
IB_Constants.IB_GDS32 := 'FBCLIENT.DLL';

end.

Then, make your IB_SessionFB unit the first unit in the uses clause of your
DPR.

For discussion of this, see the source for the unit IB_Session511.pas.

Helen

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---