Subject Re: [IBO] Dumb Newbie installation question.
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:58 AM 8/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>I've checked that one already, but it has always been set for the
>default ( ($DELPHI)\projects\bpl) so that's not what's causing it.

Can you find (on your disk) the BPL and DCP files that were created for the
runtime packages?

Can you go to the Library tab of your Environment options, and verify that
the individual BPL and DCP path settings are pointing to where the compiled
files are actually located?

Also, open (in Notepad) and check the .cfg files associated with the
problem packages (down at the end of this file) to see whether the
following entries are consistent with your machine's setup:

-LE"d:\program files\borland\delphi5\Projects\Bpl"
-LN"d:\program files\borland\delphi5\Projects\Bpl"

I think these settings come from Jason's machine - they don't match
mine. I copied them from a .cfg that isn't used in building the D5
components, since Delphi SHOULD update the .cfg files to match YOUR path setup.

Still, if all else fails, exit from Delphi, delete or rename these .cfg
files, or move them out of your path, and then try again.

I suppose you do have the Patched version of Delphi 5?

Helen