Subject Re: [IBO] IB_ComboBox
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:12 PM 4/03/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>Is there no way to plug a datasource into the Items property of an
>IB_ComboBox?

No - like a TDBComboBox, it is "single-datasource-aware". As you know, its
Datasource property targets the IB_Datasource that points to the parent
column that is polling the combobox's editbox for a value.

I normally just populate the items from an ib_cursor via a little procedure
that is called from FormCreate and any other events where I want to refresh it.

>Or is there another control I should be using?

TIB_LookupCombo is double-datasource-aware. Unlike IB_ComboBox, its
Datasource property points to a dataset which populates its equivalent of
the IB_ComboBox's Items property. Its DisplayField selects the field in
this dataset that you want to see in the editbox.

To use it as a double-data-aware control, as you know, you use the
Keysource property of the dataset and point its KeyLinks to the parent
column, with the option to embed it in the parent IB_Grid.

But you can optionally use this control without Keysource and KeyLinks
(non-embeddable, of course) as a "reverse combo box".

Helen