Subject Re: [IBO] Installing the IBO Help file in Delphi 7
Author Dany Marmur
Success story...

Hmm. I don�t know if I can call it a success. I sometimes have to look it up
in the index tab (whatever it is) but that works and when I look up words
common to VCL and IBO I also see both. Sometimes F1 works but far from
always. I do se the line "Interbase Objects Reference" in the Contence tab.
I don't remeber what I did but I think I did the editing och the "kit" first
and mybe I also fiddled with the Help|Customize part of Delphi 7.

/Dany

"Helen Borrie" <helebor@...> skrev i meddelandet
> At 11:31 PM 24/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I can't integrate IBO4 help file into Delphi 7 help system. I've
> >followed the D6 instructions and modified all D7.* files
> >(ohc,ohi,ohl,cnt) to add IBO4 support, but still no joy. One thing I
> >can see is that there is no *.gid file anywhere on my HD than I can
> >delete.
> >
> >I would like to hear some success stories and/or hints for D7.
>
> Success story I can't provide, since I don't have D7. Did you use the
> pieces in the little kit that comes with the IBO
> helpfile? (IDE_Install.zip) In there is a file named IBO40.cnt - which
is
> DIFFERENT to the file of the same name that is used for the stand-alone
> helpfile. Its text currently is as follows:
>
> :Base IBO40.hlp>main
> :Title InterBase Objects Reference
> :Index InterBase Objects Reference=IBO40.hlp
> :Include delphi6.ohl <--- modify this line
> :Include IBO40.toc
>
> You need to edit the line I marked above.
>
> And, of course, the various edit_* files in that kit (containing text to
> copy and paste into the corresponding files in the Delphi help system)
need
> to have "6" replaced by "7" in all cases.
>
> If there is no gid file, it's not a problem! It just means that you
> haven't opened that helpfile yet. WinHelp builds a new gid file if it
> doesn't find one there.
>
> Helen
>

> regards,
> Helen

> IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase