Subject RE: [IBO] IB_SQL Script limit 64K
Author Norman Dunbar
Morning Marco,

do you have MaxLength set for the RichEdit ?
Setting it to zero applies the Operating System limits to the RichEdit
otherwise the limit is defined by what you have set.

I've just compiled the D6 demo RichEdit project and loaded a 341 Kb rtf file
into it with no problems. (MaxLength = 0)

Cheers,
Norman.

-------------------------------------
Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar@...
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Menardi <mmenaz@...> [mailto:mmenaz@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 9:01 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] IB_SQL Script limit 64K

Hi, I can't enter long scripts in IB_SQL script form.
I've noticed that tha form (in IBF_Script) uses a TRichEdit, that has
a limit in the maximum lines allowed, while TMemo seems not (I've
tested both in a form, side by side, pasting a very long script. In
TRichEdit was truncated, in TMemo was not).
Is there any reason to use TRichEdit instead of TMemo?
If not it must be changed.
If I want to run a script to build the database, it's too big for
TRichEdit.
Using IBO 4.2Ib, Win2K, D6.
Thanks
Marco Menardi