Subject RE: [IBO] Master/Detail - AfterOpen
Author Brian K. Woods

Point well put, Lester. Actually, I was only _attempting_ to lend support
the idea that afterscroll on a detail dataset when the master changes is
more
"standard"/"expected" behavior than *open/*close events. I, too, don't
often use the afterscroll events for anything except interface issues ( such
as special display
effects like different font colors depending on a field value, etc ).
However, like Alan, I guess I have become accustomed to a certain expected
behavior.

As you correctly state, the idea of "standard" or "expected" is relative,
since
I can think of numerous real-life ways you could have a single detail record
linked
to two separate master records.

> So where is the correct place <g>

I guess that's the 6 million dollar question that Jason, being the creative
genius behind
these components, has to decide. - have fun, Jason! @;-)

Brian