Subject Re: [IBO] Drop DataModule approach or not?
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:02 AM 3/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>When using IBOjects, instead of putting them in a shared DataModule,
>I found it is tempting to put the IB_Queries and IB_datasource in the
>forms that used them. It makes event handling easier. If I dropped
>the DataModule approach for IBObjets, will I regret it? (Forgive me
>if this is off topic)

The golden rule is to use the approach that best suits what you need to do
in a task or a group of related tasks. I use datamodules a great deal, for
the convenience of locating application-wide objects and their methods
inside a single unit. But that won't stop me from locating data objects on
forms if it suits better for a particular thing - for example, a popup
maintenance form that is created and destroyed as required and might not be
required in every session. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's".

Helen