Subject Re: [IBO] Dialect 3 Problem
Author stevenggibb
When I first tried to convert to Dialect 3, I had a reserved keyword
problem but I changed the column name.

I tried building a new database with a script and then pumping my
data into the new database. I still have the same problem. If I
switch back to Dialect 1 the error disappears. When it is in Dialect
3 most stored procedures seem to work but one stored procedure has
some problem with a parameter named 'employee' (a CHAR(6)).

--- In IBObjects@y..., Geoff Worboys <geoff@t...> wrote:
> > I want to move the database to Dialect 3 but I can't figure out
> > source of this error.
> > Can anyone suggest a solution?
> There are some strange aspects about converting to dialect 3.
> - there are possible keyword conflicts that can cause difficulties.
> - numeric/decimal fields greater than 9 digits remain as doubles
> (whereas the equivalent fields created directly in a d3 database
> would be created as int64).
> - and other things I cant remember right now.
> My recommendation is to try and rebuild the database as dialect 3
> rather than converting it. This means you get to detect any
> specific problems that may exist, plus it means that your database
> will be more consistent.
> I have an alternative backup utility (DBak) available at:
> this may help, as it rebuilds the database via a script extracted
> from the source database (and provides an option to change the
> dialect for the destination database).
> --
> Geoff Worboys
> Telesis Computing