Subject RE: [IBO] Login and Data Display
Author Jack Cane
Helen,

I should explain how I "chose" the components on my form. I have found in
the past that, when becoming familiar with a new development paradigm, the
best way to get started, while staying out of the swamp (I live in Florida),
is to modify a working product. I started with example projects that looked
like they apply to what I need to do. I derived my forms from
Masterlinks.dpr and MasterDetail.dpr. Those were working fine in the
original. I then tried to move that structure to my app, and that is how I
ended in this predicament (i.e., swamp).

Am weighing my options as to which of the two examples is better for my
application. At present it appears that I will use both for different parts
of the project. Anyway, am somewhat perplexed that the examples show one way
of doing things, and you suggest another, which I have also, somehow,
managed to break. Perhaps you could point me to other examples that embody
your approach within a structure that resembles MasterLinks or MasterDetail,
that I could use as a point of departure.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go back to the original projects and see if I can
make them work with your components.

BTW, I resolved the password issue with your help.

tks,

jwc