Subject Re: [IBO] Win 98 problems.
Author Russell Belding
Hello Arnd
I am in a testing phase and Win9x as a client is important to me also. I am
using D6 (sp1), IBO 4.2Hf, Firebird build 821 and have not seen the problem
you mention.
There was a Win98 problem with IBO4.2Ha which is not in Hf.

My notes on this are: [ I installed 4.2.Hf and the problem I saw with 4.2.ha
is not with 4.2.Hf.
I saw a note for the Hf release about "Win98 resource problem with
TIB_Grid". The error I had was with closing TIB_LookupCombo in my program
(but I had not succedded in reproducing the error in a simple program). It
was also with TIB_LookupCombos embedded in TIB_Grids. I did not investigate
this much, only observed the problem. My problem has gone from Win98. I am
setting up a Win95 test and will come back to this thread if the error shows
up in the Win95 test. ]

With IBO4.2Hf my program looks OK in both Win95 and Win98.

Can you make the problem happen in a small example? If you can and you send
me the source I'll try to reproduce the error here, so we both can chase the
problem..

Regards

Russell Belding

""Arnd Brockmeier"" <arndbrockmeier@...> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I4m not shure if that4s the same problem...
>
> Everytime I show a dialog with an IB_Grid on it, I4m loosing about 1-3% on
> System and GDI-resources. After using this dialog more or less 20 times my
> application crashes (and Win98 also).
>
> I4m using D6 (SP2) and IBO 4.2Hi

[...]