Subject Re: [IBO] Creating a DataAware IB Component
Author Damian Dowling
At 14:45 22/07/2002, you wrote:
>I have been trying to create a DataAware component that uses the IBO Native
>Datalinks. However, after installing the component I lose the IBO Access
>components. When building the package I get the following warning: -
>
>[Warning] Unit 'IB_FieldDataLink' implicitly imported into package 'ssdNav'
>
>After loading the package the following packages are disabled: -
>
>IB Objects Editors
>IB Objects Forms and Dialogs
>IB Objects TDataset Components
>IB Objects Visual Controls
>

>When trying to re-enable any of the packages I get the following error
>message: -
>
>Cannot load package IBO40VRT_D5. It contains unit 'IB_FIELDDATALINK' which
>is also contained in package MYPACKAGE.
>
>Any ideas why this is happening?

Add IBO40VRT_D5 to the requires statement in the MYPACKAGE.dpk file of your
package. This will cause the IBO40VRT_D5 package to be inked to instead of
compiling in the IB_FIELDDATALINK file from that package.

I would also suggest that you look for some books on writing components.

Regards

Damian Dowling
IT Manager
Pallas Foods Ltd