|Re: [IBO] Re: Searching and column aliases
> Now I see the problem. In my query, I had table aliases, so I putHmmm... Not sure what would happen in the case of a self-referencing
> the same table alias in the OrderingItems and OrderingLinks
> property. If I put in the full table name, then it works. Somehow or
> other, IBO resolved it all.
table. May need to create a view to work around that one.
> Guess I would have to use the FieldDisplayLabel property and ditchThere is nothing really wrong with using inline aliases except that
> the inline aliases.
IBO was really setup to provide best support via its various Fields*
properties and fully qualified (not aliased) field names. There are
various reasons for this, one of them being able to support earlier
versions of IB/FB where field aliases are not that useful from an
end-user perspective. Dialect 3 names have not been around that long,
and some developers still prefer not to use them.
> Thanks for your help and patience.No problem, I hope I have not upset too much of your code :-)