Subject Re: Searching and column aliases
Author yeohray
--- In IBObjects@y..., Geoff Worboys <geoff@t...> wrote:
> > How can I avoid using aliases if my query is returning two columns
> > with the same name from two different tables?
>
> SELECT A.NAME, B.NAME
> FROM A
> JOIN B ON ...
>
> All fields will be referred to internally by their full table
> qualified name. In your Fields* definitions you have something
> like...
>
> A.NAME=A Name
> B.NAME=B Name
>
> If you need to hook these one of these fields to a control you do
> it with the full table qualified name.

How can I use the Ordering functions then? In your example, what
would be the entries for the OrderingLinks property? I tried putting
in a fully qualified column name but it does not work e.g.

a.Name=1
b.Name=2

Furthermore, when you refer to the 'Fields* definitions' property,
are you referring to the FieldsDisplayLabel property? I cannot set
different labels for both the 'Name' fields. They seem to share the
same label. On the 'ColumnAttributes' tab in the TIB_Query property
editor, only one column is displayed (Name), instead of two.

Regards
Ray