Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with CachedUpdates
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 12:45 PM 19-07-02 +0200, Sascha Michel wrote:
>Hi ,
>
>There is a problem with the behaviour of TIB_Query with CachedUpdates
>turned on. After removing rows in a query,
>and calling ApplyUpdates() I'm closing the query with Close() followed
>by Commit().

Questions instead of answers:
On which object are you calling Commit?
Why do you close the query before committing the work?

>I have confirmed that the rows have been removed on the server.
>
>When reopening the query and reinserting the same rows as removed before
>within the same transaction, these rows aren't displayed.

Once you commit, the previous transaction is finished, unless you call
CommitRetaining. Perhaps I just misunderstand what you mean here.

>A workaround around this to call Unprepare() after Close() on the
>query. Then the reinserted rows are correctly displayed.

It's hardly a "workaround" to throw throw the baby out with the
bathwater. Just set your required RefreshAction and call Refresh. For the
RefreshAction options available, look up the help for TIB_RefreshAction.

I'm curious to know why you think you need cached updates with native IBO
datasets...

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com