Subject Re: [IBO] Attention Helen - Re: IBO VCL --> CLX
Author Damian Dowling
At 16:36 18/07/2002, you wrote:
>IBO doesn't have an API.

What do you call the IBO functions then?

>In the beta group, there is minimal interest in the GUI side and more
>interest in being able to compile the core data access without needing to
>use Qt at all. Kylix generates enormous executables. Users appear to be
>more interested in using IBO on Linux for developing console applications -
>web servers and application servers.

In other words there are no Visual controls for Kylix nor is there are
plans for them - Is this correct?

> >2. Will it just be a case of including different files?
>
>Well, yes, you do use a completely different set of *libraries* for CLX -
>and there is one set of libraries for Windows and another for Linux.

I think you misunderstand me - I would like to know if it will be possible
to take my Source code and Form files to Kylix (having avoiding using
windows api) and with little work recompile them in Kylix to get a version
of the app that will run on Linux using the CLX calls instead of the VCL ones.

>You're welcome to join the Kylix beta group and play with the code yourself...

I currently do not have Kylix - I wanted to get the app running on windows
first.

Regards

Damian Dowling
IT Manager