Subject Re: [IBO] rdb$db_key in a select
Author stewartbourke
Jason,

Thanks for that. However, I stil have a problem. I have the
following code:

with dmMain, quGeneral,Sql do
begin
Clear;
Add('select RDB$DB_KEY, PRD_CODE from products');
Prepare;
Open;
end;

KeyVal:=dmMain.quGeneral.FieldByName('RDB$DB_KEY').AsString;

This generates an exception - field RDB$DB_KEY not found.

IF I change it to:

KeyVal:=dmMain.quGeneral.FieldByName('DB_KEY').AsString;

I get the same exception, with the field DB_KEY not found.

I am using an IBOQuery.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stewart Bourke

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> For some reason InterBase changes the name to DB_KEY and strips off
the RDB$
> prefix.
>
> Jason Wharton
> CPS - Mesa AZ