Subject Re: [IBO] TIBOQuery Keylinks but no Keysource
Author danialwidner
--- In IBObjects@y..., "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...> wrote:
> TIBOQuery has a DataSource property just like TQuery does.

And it is still set exactly the same as it was when it was a BDE
control. No changes - works with BDE - doesn't with TIBO.

KeyLinks property
> has nothing to do with setting up a master-detail relationship
between two
> datasets. TIBOTable component has a MasterSource property just
like TTable
> does.
>
> As far as I know, I already have it working just as the BDE
components did.

Not yet. Basically your datalinks are either not being registered
with the datasource or they are not performing their duties when
called by the datasource would be the prime points to look for the
problem. A straight conversion does not in any of the thousands of
queries involved work in a master detail relationship.

The onchange event solution has been used to get most of those
involved with current month processing processed.

> You are just mixing in extra capabilities that are in the native
datasets
> but not in the TDataset based ones.

I haven't mixed anything yet. I was just trying to come up with
something that worked and involved less conversion to make it so.

I agree it would be nice if I made
> special mention of things in the help file were information
pertains to
> TDataset or TIB_Dataset.
>
> Regards,
> Jason Wharton