Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Cannot edit current row
Author Daniel Rail
At 06/07/2002 02:29 AM, you wrote:
>I come from a general BDE/Paradox desktop app direction, using
>mostly table components and limited types of queries.

Don't worry, I've been there too. It's been over 2 years since I've used
BDE/Paradox.

>I have no way to know, at this time, how to employ the general
>approach you are suggesting, but I suspect that you are pointing
>me in a direction which I must incorporate, if I am to begin
>using more complex queries and their result sets.

One easy way to generate these SQL statements is using IBO's query
editor. When your in the query editor for the IBOQuery, go to the
UpdateSQL tab, then click on the "Generate for Table" button found on the
bottom left of that page and when the table list pops up, double-click on
the table that you want the EditSQL, InsertSQL and DeleteSQL statements to
be generated. You'll notice that the EditSQL, InsertSQL and DeleteSQL
boxes will be filled in with DML statments.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)