Subject Re: [IBO] Cannot edit current row
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 02:58 AM 05-07-02 +0000, you wrote:
>w/D3.02, IBO4.2d and IBOQuery:
>
>IBOQuery returns a result set.
>
>I'm getting a 'Cannot edit current row' error
>when attempting to put the Datasource into 'Edit.'
>
>I have the following controls involved:
>
>DBNavigator, Datasource, IBOQuery, DBGrid, DBMemo.
>
>IBOQuery.RequestLive := True;
>IBOQuery.KeyLinksAutoDefine := True;
>
>Everything has 'ReadOnly := False'
>
>The DBGrid has columns for two IBOQuery columns,
>one of which is a calculated string, while the
>DBMemo uses another column (blob).

Neither of these columns is editable. If the purpose of the grid is to
display the blob for editing, place the blob into a TMemo or TDBMemo
control. If you use TMemo, then you will need to provide code to read the
blob into it and to write it out.

>The query otherwise works fine.

In what way does it work? Do you mean that you can see values in Browse mode?

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com