Subject Re: [IBO] German Constants problem
Author Geoff Worboys
When I first wrote the DateTimeToEncodeString and
EncodeStringToDateTime functions the idea was to have a locale
independent format for date/time strings. I had big comments saying
that the associated constants were not to be localized, but someone
convinced Jason to move the values to the ib_constants units
anyway. After the various problems reported I thought Jason was
going to move the values back into ib_utils - that would be my
advice, get them back where people are not tempted to change them.

Geoff Worboys
Telesis Computing

Friday, July 5, 2002, 2:59:33 AM, you wrote:
> Hi

> I had a problem with a date-parameter in a query. I found the error in the
> DateTimeToEncodeString() function in ib_utils in connection with the german
> ib_constants file. It´s because the DTEncode_DecodeFormat constant is
> localized. (it shouldn´t be). As I write this email i check the old messages
> and found that I am not the first one who had this problem but the german
> constants file has still this error. (there is a comment // Gerd Kroll
> 30.11.2001)
> I don´t know who is responsible for the constants file but someone should
> correct this. (I could do it as well but where should I send the file )

> Oliver