Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Query.RefreshKeys doesn't reflect INSERTs
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 02:54 AM 23-05-02 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm using
> IBObjects 4.2 Hc
> Firebird 1.0
> Windows NT Server 4 SP6
>
>I have one TIB_Query (DisplayQuery) to display data from table T1
>by SELECT statment and another TIB_Query (UpdateQuery) performing
>INSERT, UPDATE OR DELETE on this table. The task is
>DisplayQuery to reflect changes made by UpdateQuery.
>Table is big (up to 100 000 rows) so RefreshKeys or Refresh is
>more preferred method then Close-Open.

Before anyone expends energy on trying to solve this for you, may I ask why
you need two separate queries, apparently in two separate
transactions? The conventional way to do the operation you describe is to
have one dataset and, if special SQL is needed for the update, to apply it
using the custom EditSQL property...

Just while I have your attention, would you please NOT repost your
messages? Unless you explicitly get a "bounce" message from
yahoogroups.com, assume that your message will appear
eventually. Sometimes there are delays and no amount of reposting will fix
them.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com