Subject Re: [IBO] IB_SQL
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 09:42 PM 22-05-02 +0200, Aage wrote:

>Is it possible to set the number of Page Buffers from the IB_SQL built with
>4.2Fe?
>I've tried, but what I put in doesn't seem to stick.

Aage,
As I recall, it was disabled - it doesn't make sense for a Superserver
client to change the page buffers, since the cache is pooled under SS and
automatically grows to accommodate additional users. If you want to
increase the pool available to all users, do it with gfix, with exclusive
access.

Although it might be useful to let a client change the buffer size if
connecting to a Classic server on Linux, FreeBSD, etc., there is no way for
the client to tell whether it is connecting to a Classic or a Superserver.

Wait a day or two till Jason returns from Borcon, to find out exactly what
you might be able to do to override this if you *know* that the server is
Classic...

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com