Subject Re: [IBO] positioning the cursor
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 06:28 PM 22-05-02 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> I used to use the TEdit component but since I switched to IBObjects, have
>had to use the TIB_Edit to accept input from users. Since I had to perform
>some string manipulation, I used the SelStart and SelLength properties to
>position my cursor at the end of the text. Now, it does not work anymore
>with the TIB_Edit component. Please help. Can anybody offer any
>suggestions on what I can do?

I don't know why you think SelStart and SelLength don't work in
TIB_Edit; but they are not very suitable for your purpose, anyway, since
the text has to be in a Selected state in order for these properties to be
meaningful, and Selected applies to a whole row, not at column level.

You should access the associated data value and work on
that. Alternatively (better) apply an Editmask to the column at dataset
level and avoid having to apply a re-editing routine to user input.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com