Subject Re: [IBO] update connection
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 08:58 AM 18-05-02 -0700, you wrote:

>nope,
>ScUpdate.IB_connection = updateServer
>
>updateServer.connected = true
>updateServer.protocol = cpLocal

Daniel,
I read back on your previous posting and the error you reported. Did I
miss something, or do you have a CONNECT statement in your script? This
error will occur if you are already connected to the database (as
above). And of course you must be connected to a database in order to DROP
it...

In short, use the connection to connect to the database; issue a DROP
DATABASE command. Once you commit the statement, you are no longer
connected to the database - because it no longer exists. The next thing to
do would be to issue a CREATE DATABASE statement, which will cause you to
be connected..so you don't have both CREATE DATABASE and CONNECT statements
in the same script.

(But maybe I'm off track with what you are really doing...)

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com