Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Rounding problems
Author Riho-Rene Ellermaa
I have always thought that rounding is the same accross the world. Less than 0.5 rounds down and 0.5 and bigger rounds up.
At least that's the way Estonia calculates - in math, banking, etc.
But I once thought that evryone uses metric system also :)

There are always some countries who want to be different...

Riho-Rene Ellermaa
senior programmer
Hansabank

-----Original Message-----
From: mmenaz [mailto:mmenaz@...]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 3:22 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Re: Rounding problems

It could not be just a client mind problem. Here in Italy, for rounding calculation of tax, government adopted the round your client is requiring. This is because it's easy to understand, and you can perform it easily by mind. To be sincere, I thought it was the only right way to do rounding... before I sow Delphi Round() function.
So if I want to calculate something related to commercial issues (with VAT, tax, etc.) I must avoid Delphi round. It's not my customer's choice, it's a must!
Regards
Marco Menardi

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Pirtea Calin" <pcalin@r...> wrote:
> Thank you all.
> I'll try to explain the client why round works the way
> it works and maybe they will change their mind.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Application Developer
> Pirtea Calin Iancu