Subject Re: [IBO] FYI: new IBPhoenix CD contains "IBO-friendly" Firebird build
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:08 PM 15-05-02 +0200, Frank Ingermann wrote:
>Hi Fernando,
>
>Fernando Deola wrote:
> > Hi, Frank:
> >
> > I am wondering if the only way to get the 'IBO-friendly' build (821) is
> > purchasing the IBPhoenix CD.
> >
> > The latest build available for download seems to be 796 (that made me
> > sad...). Until I'm sure FB is perfectly 'married' with IBO I won't use it.
> >

>in the "official" download area at sourceforge there seems to be only the
>796 build... the build from the CD is
>

>well, i tested an insert with (table.column) syntax against 821 and it
>worked just fine. afaik this was the only glitch with FB and IBO, and
>this one's definetly fixed with the 821 build...

FWIW, IBO has been fine with Firebird 1.0 since the fix which Jason put
into the IBO 4.2Gb patch the same day Firebird 1.0 was released. The new
build from IBPhoenix restores things to normality for versions of IBO that
are *earlier* than 4.2Gb.

AFAIK, the 821 build is "Firebird-unofficial" (even though the official Win
builds are all done on the IBPhoenix gear these days). Firebird itself is
assembling a number of bits and pieces for a 1.1 release. I know we are
still waiting for some things for 1.1. Just take it as a "hug" from Paul
Reeves, that he took Claudio's reversion code for the insert parsing and
did this special build for the benefit of IBO users.

Don't hold your collective breath if you are using these older IBO
versions. The reversion is temporary - already deprecated - being contrary
to SQL standards.

cheers,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All