Subject Re: [IBO] Changing MasterLinks at runtime
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 02:55 PM 07-05-02 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Helen (and Geoff). Is there any problem with just leaving the two
>detail sets open at the same time? They're both read-only -- I do not need
>to change them at all, just pull data from them for display purposes. I
>don't really need to switch between them very often (only when a user
>creates a contract, or in the unlikely event of a contract type change), but
>is it a bad idea to have both sets open and available?

I think you will have to have them closed at the time you switch the
MasterSource property, otherwise you will be attempting to dereference
things that are still actively being linked to by the datasource. But try
it. The worst that can happen is an AV. <g>

I don't wanna harp, but could you watch the requoting?

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com