Subject Re: [IBO] IB and IBO Newsgroup problem
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 08:06 PM 02-05-02 -0500, you wrote:
>I sure wish these message lists would go to using regular newsgroups instead
>of this Yahoo Egroups stuff. Now, all of a sudden, none of my messages are
>getting through to the newsgroups _again_. This is very frustrating when it
>is my main source of support for IB, Firebird, and IBO. And I have no idea
>why things just stop all of a sudden. I look out on the EGroups and the
>messages are there but they are not in the newsgroups.
>
>Yes, I could tell it to send me emails but I hate having to load down my
>email box with 1000s of messages. Newsgroups are what this stuff is for, not
>email lists.
>
>Thank you for listening to my frustration.
>
>I feel better now anyway. :)

Glad you do.
I think possibly you don't understand how this newsgroup interface works,
as I have seen you (from the referees' box) subscribing and unsubscribing
from the lists over the past couple of weeks. When you are not subscribed
to the list, any messages you post to the NG turn into blue vapour and
contribute to the greenhouse effect...but they won't be seen by either the
NG interface or the mail list.

What you need to do is the following:

Subscribe to the list and set your mail options to No mail.
Give the yahoo database a day (or, at the weekend, two days) to catch up -
then start watching for your messages at the NG mirror.

You can reply to messages from the NG interface but, if you use an SMTP
address which is different to the one with which you subscribed AND set up
as your default email address, your postings will STILL be bounced by yahoo
and never show up at the mirror.

Make sure that you go into your Yahoo settings page for a particular list
and verify your email address. Each time you unsubscribe from a list,
everything you set up before has gone.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com