Subject RE: [IBO] How to customize IBO error messages
Author Riho-Rene Ellermaa
That all very nice, but for example in my case I need to switch translations on the fly or at least during program installation.
I have to support english, russian and estonian in one packet. Currently I'm using Multilizer components that work perfectly for my needs, except of course IBO messages.
It would be nice to have all messages in separate DLL file (compiled from .RC resource files) that could be dynamically linked during runtime.

Riho-Rene Ellermaa
senior programmer
Hansabank

At 08:21 AM 12-03-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I would like to extend my previous question to all IBO error
>messages. Whenever IBO issues an error message, NOT coming from the
>database, I would like to be able to change (e.g. translate) it.
>
>There are at least two messages that need to be handled in my case:
>1. the xxx is a required field message
>2. "ab:cd" is not a valid time (happens when I edit a time field
> with IB edit and a proper mask and someone enters 25:66 - see
> my other post about editing time fields).
>
>Anyone has a hint?

Which language? The exception constants are defined in IB_Header.pas and
the messages associated with them are in IB_Constants.pas. There are
translated versions of ib_constants.pas for several languages already...see
ib_constants-ger.pas for German...

There is a TI-sheet on the subject of error-handling (download from
TechInfo page of the website).

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)