Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Master-Master Insert
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 01:00 PM 07-03-02 +0000, you wrote:

> The problem with this 1:1 master-detail relationship is that both
>datasets must be put into insert mode when the user hits the '+'
>button. If PERSON is the master, then no problem. But when is the
>AGENT dataset put into insert mode? This is where I have been having
>trouble.

If your masterlinking is good and the keylinks of your sets are good and
you are not confusing anything by (improperly) linking them up as keysource
links, then....

When you put the master set into edit state, then...
When you go into the detail dataset and start typing, the detail set
will follow the master into edit state...
if the detail dataset is empty (no detail rows exist for the master)
then the detail set will go into Insert state if you start typing in the
empty fields
the detail dataset will also go into insert state if you go past the
end of the dataset and start typing in the "blank fields".

All of this behaviour is built in...but the caveat is that you must get
that linking right.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com