Subject Re: [IBO] Helen, can you upload the source of IBO infobase?
Author Marc Leclerc
Hi

If you are looking for a way to extract all messages from the group archive, I have something that could help you. It goes through the list and extract the message from the HTML page.
I haven't quite got to do the app but a stater is there, would be a breeze to store the data in a DB.
----- Original Message -----
From: mmenaz
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Helen, can you upload the source of IBO infobase?

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)" <helebor@d...> wrote:
> At 08:30 PM 03-03-02 +0000, you wrote:
> >I've seen the screenshots of your IBO Ifobase program.
> >Very nice screenshots, really :)
> >Two questions:
> >a) could you upload the source and the database metadata? I do really
> >would like to learn from you code. Lot of people could benefit from it...
>
> No, not at present, since it uses a proprietary component (the
> DBExplorer).

What's it? where can I find it?
(If it's that at: http://www.toolsandcomps.com/products_dbexp.htm
it's free for non commercial use, so you can release your code and anyone interested can download it).

> Jason has suggested that I think about making an off-line
> version of the FAQ app and that we make this and the database available as
> a resource.

Oh, it would be *very* usefull indeed! In the file section I've uploaded a program that, with a database from another IBO user, let you search a list archive. I use it often, since for me internet connection is not so available. So you would do a great thing with a local FAQ (also producing a database with this list messages... sorry, I don't know how to do it by myself... I could rewrite the front-end, if you want...)

[cut]
> Second, it doesn't do any of the database stuff that TDBExplorer
> does. It is a brilliant component. To get that behaviour, I would have to
> write a rather complex virtual treeview descendant and I simply have not
> had time to do it...

Uhm... sounds good for a new IB_ component to add to the palette ;)

> but I'm working on a new project at the moment, so I
> might give it a go this time around.
Great!
Thanks
Marco Menardi