Subject Re: [IBO] Many to many rel.
Author pepmallorca
I'm agree with Og,

If the id of A, and the id of B identifies the relation C, you don't
need another identifier. I will be redundant.

The primary key of C could be the A-B combination.

C(idA,idB)

idA of C will be a foreign key of the A table and
idB of C will be a foreign key of the B table

Usually you will be interesting in other information for completing
the C table.

This is not a mathematical rule. You'll have to choice.

Another problem will be the synchronization of the two queries when
you update the A table, and the B table. The IB_QUERY component has
a MasterSource property (for an unique Master, not 2 like in your
case), the other will be detected when you change the information...
A little more dificult...

Bye,

$8bf2a8c0@VS5510...
> > Hi, I'm wondering if there is someone who can guide my in making
a many to
> > many relationship work.
> >
> > I have three table's:
> > Table A: aid integer, bName string, bTel string
> > Table B: bid integer, bName string, bTel string
> > and then the connecting table
> > Table C: cid integer, aid integer, bid integer
> >
> > Do I need cid in table C?
>
> If you can identify records in C by AID and BID, I would leave out
CID - it