Subject Re: [IBO] IB_Events
Author Jason Wharton
This is most likely a firewall issue or something of that sort.

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ricardo Costa (OdontoTech)" <odontotk@...>
To: <ibobjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 12:07 PM
Subject: [IBO] IB_Events

D6 Ent
IBO 4.2.Fn
Firebird RC2
------------------------

Hi,

When I connect to my database through a LAN connection, there is no problem.
When I try through a dial-up or ADSL connection I have the following error:

"Cod. 335544721.
Unable to complete network request "Server".
Failed to stablish a secondary connection for event processing. Unknow Win32
error."

This error occurs when I do "SomeEvent.RegisterEvents;"
Then in procedure TIB_Events.API_Register of IB_Events.pas it stops at:

asm
mov ecx, dword ptr [ii]
mov eax, dword ptr [bufptr]
@@1:
push eax
add eax, IB_EventLength
loop @@1 <------- Stops Here. Then error
occurs---->>>>>
push dword ptr [ii]
push dword ptr [resultBufPtr]
push dword ptr [eventBufPtr]
call [isc_event_block]

After this error it crashes firebird on server.

Does someone has any hint about this?
Thanks in advance for any direction.

Ricardo Costa