Subject Re: [IBO] PessimisticLook and only one dummy update for dataset: bug?
Author Jason Wharton
There is no Unlock. Once a record has been 'locked' it is merely an update
against it. This remains until a Commit or a Rollback has been performed.

It won't do a lock on a record unless you put it into edit state. Are you
sure you are not expecting it to do something other than what it does?

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

-- We may not have it all together --
-- But together we have it all --

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Menardi" <mmenaz@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 4:08 AM
Subject: [IBO] PessimisticLook and only one dummy update for dataset: bug?

> During a debug of my app, I've discovered that in a dataset from IB_Query
with pessimistic looking at true, when I start editing the first row of the
grid the famous "lock dummy update" is performed, but when I then go to the
second row and edit it, SQLMonitor does not show an update upon the new row
anymore. Going through the code shows that the "lock process" is fired, but
there is a certain condition that prevents it to be performed. The same with
an explicit SQLLock or not.
> Is it normal or a bug?
> (BTW, how could I 'unlock' a row, after the editing is performed? Must I
commit/rollback the transaction?)