Subject Re: [IBO] Installation problem
Author Frank Ingermann
Hi Nico,

Nico Callewaert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with upgrading from version 3.6 to 4.2.
> I got the following error when trying to recompile my project under the new
version :

> "Declaration of 'ProcessTransactionEvent' differs from previous declaration"
>
> I'm almost sure there is still a file floating somewhere from the previous version,

but I'm unable to locate the roots of the problem.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nico Callewaert

the "usual suspects": ;-)
- check the search path. are there older IB* files in there?
- ever worked with runtime packages? check %windows%\System or Sytem32
- check the Projects/BPL folder. clear out old stuff.
- in case you're compiling to a different directory, make sure there are
no old dcu's, dpc's or bpl's there.
- to be really safe, rename the old IBO directory and create a new one
(with the old name so you don't have to change your project's search path)
for the 4.2 stuff.
- open and rebuild all the packages from the "new old" dir.
- as a last check, search the Delphi dir for IB*.BPL's and look at the
timestamps, they should all be "fresh" now.
after this "brute force cleanup" all should work again...

hth,
fingerman

when parsers parse, and compilers compile, then why don't objects object?

fingerbirdy - fingerman's door to Firebird
http://www.fingerbird.de