Subject RE: [IBO] Grid lookup
Author Dion
Hi Akahanek(your firstname I hope,

Do you have any experience at getting this to work?

Cheers,
Dion.

-----Original Message-----
From: akahanek@... [mailto:akahanek@...]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 12:55 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] Grid lookup

Helen,
what is the difference between

SELECT a.Field,
b.TitleID,
(SELECT Title as The_Title
FROM Titles t WHERE t.TitleID = b.TitleID),
FROM (tables, joins)

and

SELECT a.Field,
b.TitleID,
t.Title as The_Title,
FROM (tables, joins + JOIN Titles t ON ....)

when using Lookup Combos. Why is recommended the first solution?

My experience was that I was unable to set up OrderingLinks and
OrderingItems correctly when using the first solution and there was an
error that the lookup colum does?nt exist.

The second solution works fine with no problems, ordering by the lookup
column too.

Ales Kahanek
akahanek@...