Subject RE: [IBO] RE: Norm's newsgroup problem
Author Norman Dunbar
Morning Helen (well it is here)

Thanks for that, I figured it would be something like email addresses.

Cheers,
Norm.

-------------------------------------
Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar@...
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie (TeamIBO) [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:47 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] RE: Norm's newsgroup problem

At 09:07 AM 14-01-02 +0000, Norman Dunbar wrote:

>PS. I sent a reply yesterday from home via 'atkin' but it hasn't appeared
>yet.

Norman,
If your email address at home is different to the one with which you are
subscribed, and it is also not subscribed to the list, then you will never
see your 'atkin' replies. They will go to some newsgroup in the sky, never
to be seen again. Reason: the newsgroup is a mirror, it's not "feeding the
list". It will post replies on your behalf, but if your email isn't
subscribed, the message will just bounce.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)
This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not an addressee you
must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
addressees of its existence or contents. If you have received this email
and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
Financial Systems IT Department on 0113 2892990.