Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Instant setback
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 11:04 AM 09-01-02 +0200, Peter Lawson wrote:
>I am pleased to report that I have found a solution to the problem:
>
>In the tutorial source code, replace the following lines
>
> with Params do begin
> Values['USER NAME'] := 'SYSDBA'; // Remember to set this appropriately!
> Values['PASSWORD'] := 'masterkey'; // Remember to set this
>appropriately!
> end; { with }
>
>with these
>
> Username := 'SYSDBA';
> Password := 'masterkey';

Astonishing! I wonder what source code you were using...??

Here is a copy/paste out of the Tutorial1 project that is installed with IBO 4.2Fn:

{ The login information has to be set via the appropriate properties. }
Username := 'SYSDBA'; // Remember to set this appropriately!
Password := 'masterkey'; // Remember to set this appropriately!

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you get the latest versions of these files (which are in both the IBO 4 eval and the registered download.

It would still be interesting to know when and where you got that so we can fix things up. What version of IBO are you using? (Check the Version property on your IB_Connection).

>Did I somehow acquire an invalid copy of formTutorial1.pas? The ironic
>thing is that, without the tutorial, I would probably have tried the
>successful method anyway. I approach Tutorial 2 with bated breath. :>)

REPEAT - Get the right version of the Tutorials, please...and of the eval, too...

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at www.ibobjects.com