Subject Re: [IBO] IBO inside a dll
Author Martijn Tonies
Hi Geoff,

"Geoff Worboys" <geoff@...> schreef in bericht
news:11356509875.20020107220706@......
> > Yes, I know. But it's a non-threaded GUI app - you might have read
> > about it somewhere <grin>
>
> My apologies Martijn, for some reason my eyes read one thing and my
> brain registered something else entirely. (I think I got up too early
> this morning.)

No problem, just make sure you get enough coffee and pizza :) Or
perhaps a few cans of JOLT do the job :)

> > So, one TIB_Session _per_ TIB_Connection? And then the session
> > component has to be destroyed when the connection is destroyed?
>
> Its one TIB_Session per thread - which is what led to my posting about
> thread safety. You can have many connections against the same
> session.

One more question: to be on the safe side, is it okay to create a
TIB_Session for each connection? If I build this now, it would be
a lot easier when I implement multi-threading later on...

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"