Subject Thanks Lester.
Author delphiman
delphiman@...
Mobile: (Australia) 0407-007-159
Phone: ( Australia (02) 6041-1036)
ICQ 63345769

----- Original Message -----
From: lester@...
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Re: Helen - Getting Started.

> Whilst I remain at liberty to get on with something else - far removed from
> IBO. Because I am now really getting fed-up with IBO!
> <<
>
> If IBO is bothering you I think it best that you go ahead and give yourself
> a break from it for a while. I've found that when stress levels rise you
> don't think as clearly and eventually if forms into a viscous cycle. We will
> all be here if and when you decide to give things another look.

I would add = however - that the Delphi samples supplied do
work very well. It's us Builder users that should be having
the problems.

Start again using either a sample, or just the visual bit's.

Drop in a connection, set it's 'LoginPrompt' true. Add a
query and connect to connection - double click on it to open
the editor ( play with IB_SQL to see how all that works )
and set up the data. Drop in a datasource and grid and
connect them together. Set the query 'Active' in property
inspector, and the information will pop up in the grid. No
code at all - that can come later. Layout, headings,
editing, and searching can all be managed without a single
line of code for simple examples.

--
Lester Caine