Subject Re: [IBO] Getting Started Guide.
Author delphiman
http://www.ibobjects.com/ibo_gsg.html for details. The link is there for purchasing the subscription.

Thanks! But I won't be subscribing to anything unless and until I can get some very simple projects working - such as the one below.

Thanks for the other suggestions of which I have taken note.

>If you want the datasets to be open when you start the application, you will need to open them in the >FormCreate of the datamodule

I do want the datasets to be open when I start the application ... and I tried the following - but it raises exceptions as indicated ....

procedure TmyDatamodule.myDatamoduleCreate(Sender: TObject);
var
ii: integer;
begin
with myDatamodule do
begin
if not Connection.connected then
Connection.Connect;
// connect ib_queries I don't understand.
for ii := 0 to ComponentCount - 1 do
begin
if Components[ii] is TIB_BDataset then
with Components[ii] as TIB_BDataset do
Components[ii].Open Undeclared identifier "Open"
else if Components[ii] is TIB_Cursor do [Error] myDatamodule.pas(43): 'THEN' expected but 'DO' found
Components[ii].First;
end;
end;
end;